OGP by numbers
- 57 OGP participating Governments have made…
- 300+ OGP commitments covering…
- 1.78 billion people around the world, representing 25% of the world's population.
- At the first annual high-level OGP meeting…
- 1,000+ participants from 73 countries, including
- 250+ civil society, private sector, academic and multilateral organizations
Participating countries in the Open Government Partnership pledge to deliver country action plans that elaborate concrete commitments on open government. In each country, these commitments are developed and implemented through a multi-stakeholder process, with the active engagement of citizens and civil society.
As a first step to participating in OGP, eligible countries submit a letter of intent that signals their government's commitment to open government and intent to participate in the Partnership. The next step is the development of a concrete action plan. Finally, OGP countries commit to report on their progress, and to cooperate with the independent reporting mechanism.
Below is the current list of OGP participating countries.
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- New Zealand
- Sierra Leone
- Slovak Republic
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Trinidad & Tobago
- United Kingdom
- United States
[Sourced from: http://www.opengovpartnership.org/]